Sustainable Tourism Policy
We are a Travel Company that creates unique travel experiences in Russia. We work to offer tours and activities to the most interesting places. We provide you comfortable and eco-friendly accommodations and develop the best services with special facilities. Our guides are intelligent people that will present you new destinations and help you get unforgettable experiences.
From the beginning of the creation of this project, responsible tourism has been a fundamental principle for us. Russia is rich in natural resources, antique traditions, very important conserve all of this, support local people and develop here Sustainable Tourism. Writing a formal Responsible Tourism Policy helps us better articulate what we have been doing and will help us rationalize, guide and promote what we do and at the same time follow the main rule – Increase income and development of this tourist destination in three main aspects:
ENVIRONMENTAL BENEFITS (the impact of our actions on wildlife & habitat);
SOCIOCULTURAL BENEFITS (the impact of our actions on our guests, staff & community);
ECONOMIC BENEFITS (the impact of our actions on our business and those who do business with us).
Environmental sustainability implies avoiding or mitigating negative impacts, while at the same time maximizing the positive contribution of a visit to the conservation of the environment.
- Reduction of printed matter in our office, using only recycled paper for printing. Reduce, reuse and recycle waste in the company office and the homes of their employees as much as possible. Inform not only office employees about these practices, but also partners (accommodation facilities, transportation companies, receiving parties and guides).
- Development of tourism products based on high environmental responsibility. For example: It is prohibited to visit natural sites during egg-laying or the “mating period” of animals, to offer, where possible, the reservation of newer vehicles in order to reduce the emission of harmful substances, and, where possible, to replace them with environmentally friendly ones, such as bicycles or electric bikes.
- Cooperation and communication with service providers is very important. In our case we have to book eco certified hotels, in the absence of such hotels, we should inform and share our sustainable tourism policy and responsible tourism practices with the available accommodation facilities. Cooperation with partners who agree and support sustainable tourism policies.
- Training and information for guides and drivers of transport companies on sustainable tourism practices. As they often work in the same company, it is very important that they work together to support environmental practices. For example, the guide undertakes to inform tourists about the export ban of flora and fauna from their environment, and the driver undertakes to switch off the vehicle’s engine at parking lots.
- Where possible, participation and charity in environmental projects.
- Informing the company’s customers and creating tourist guide, including information, recommendations and practices of responsible tourism.
Careful planning is essential to maximize the benefits to the society and culture of the destinations, and minimize the negative impacts.
- Providing our employees with the right working conditions.
- Every employee of our company must be familiar with the Sustainable Tourism Policy and comply with it.
- Selection of partners who employ qualified local workers where possible and provide them with the right working conditions.
- Selection of partners who introduce their employees to the Sustainable Tourism Policy.
- Restrictions on visits to sacred or cultural sites that may be adversely affected by tourism.
- Before the travel, provide clients with information about local customs and precautions, which is recommended and not recommended to do there.
- Be responsible for the labour code for minors and the prohibition of sexual exploitation of children both within their company and with partners.
- To the extent possible, participate in social projects in the regions of the country.
Economic sustainability means ensuring income from tourism services to local communities and that these are not lost and are destined to aspects that solve specific problems.
- Placing clients in accommodation facilities owned by local residents, where possible.
- Give preference to local host companies.
- Recommend visits to local shops, souvenir shops and restaurants to help develop the local economy.
- Maximize the use of local products and products that use local ingredients.